Bridal sessions are a predominantly southern trend, but that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t book one for yourself if it’s something that you really want. If you are unfamiliar with these sessions, it’s essentially a portrait session for the bride where she wears her full wedding day attire (makeup, hair, dress, jewelry, veil, and bouquet). The images can then be used as gifts for the mother and father of the bride, or just to have extra images of yourself in the dress of your dreams. Style Me Pretty did a write up on why every bride should book a bridal session, but I just thought I’d add to the list and share my reasons as well! Enjoy!
- Bridal sessions allow you to test out your final look for the big day. I’d highly recommend booking your hair and makeup trial for the morning of your session. Replicating your wedding look exactly gives you a sneak peek of how everything comes together, allowing you to make changes if necessary.
- With bridal sessions, you can alternatively choose to be photographed with multiple beauty looks. Maybe you’re wanting to do something different but don’t want to commit to that look on your wedding day – that’s totally fine! Things like getting creative with hair and switching looks or wearing different jewelry might be fun!
- Brides invest a lot in their dresses, and then only get to wear it once! Bridal sessions let you have more images of you in your gown.
- Bridal sessions allow you to explore a new location and perhaps even different light than what might be available on your wedding day.
- No-rush, no-stress. While I do my absolute best to ensure that your wedding photography experience is as thrilling and stress-free as possible, there will most likely be timeline limitations on your wedding day that are out of my control. Bridal sessions are all about making you feel and look as incredible as possible.
Images from your bridal session will not be posted or revealed at all until after your big day. If you’re interested in booking a session, you’ll want to schedule it 6-9 weeks before your wedding. Shoot me an email here to learn more about bridal sessions!